Health Benefits of CBD
Best CBD Products of 2021
- Organically grown hemp from Colorado
- Rewards program to earn points and savings
- Well-formulated product line
We try everything we review! Our team of experts rigorously evaluates products across a number of different categories.
Popular CBD Brands
Medterra CBD Review: A Major Player In The Industry
Medterra is a well-established CBD brand, known for making innovative strides in the wellness space. It offers uniquely formulated tinctures, gummies, capsules, topical skin care products, and CBD for pets.
Published June 15, 2021
CBD Guides & Reviews
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is CBD?
CBD stands for Cannabidiol and is one of two primary cannabinoids found within the Cannabis plant – it’s cousin being THC. Unlike THC, CBD doesn’t give you that traditional high that many associate with consuming marijuana products. Rather, many believe it provides subtle therapeutic benefits across a wide variety of health conditions. Just like traditional cannabis products there are many ways to consume CBD such as a food additive, inhalation through vaporization or smoking, capsular form, or the most popular delivery method: oils. From a legal standpoint, its use is much less controversial as it does not impair coordination or perception – meaning it can be used safely in most situations even at high dosages. Its recent legalization in the United States has led to a flurry of research into its potential health benefits as well as the mobilization of a massive new consumer CBD industry.
What Are The Benefits of CBD?
CBD has a number of potential therapeutic benefits such as combatting unwanted inflammation, reducing stress and anxiety, decreasing pain, and treating epilepsy. Because of this many take CBD as an alternative to common over the counter medications. Despite this, more research is required to verify the prospective health benefits of CBD and other cannabinoids.
Are There Different Types of CBD?
There are 3 main types of CBD oils/food additives derived from several different extraction methods.
- Full Spectrum: This extraction method uses all the plant matter leaving out none of the terpenes and cannabinoids in the final product. As such it will contain traces of THC which can sometimes be unwanted and illegal in some countries.
- Broad Spectrum: This extraction method is the same as the full spectrum method with one exception. After the process is complete all the remaining THC is removed.
- CBD Isolate: This method isolates CBD from the plant using supercritical CO2 extraction. The final product contains no terpenes or other cannabinoids. Some think that this product is inferior as CBD may not be as effective without the presence of some other cannabinoids – see the entourage effect for more.