Cannabis Accessories: The Best Vape Kit for Beginners
There are several different types of vape tools currently available. These include everything from super simple disposable pens to large and complex desktop vaporizers complete with precision temperature controls and mobile apps. Whether you’re a rookie or a seasoned veteran, the key is to find the vaporizer that best suits your needs and gives you the vaping experience you want.
Vaping for Beginners
The world of vaporizers can be broken down into two main types: dry herb and concentrate vapes. From there, you can choose between smaller, more compact handheld vaporizers or larger, more intricate desktop vaporizers. For beginners looking to buy their first cannabis vaporizer, it’s best to start simple. As you get used to vaping and you start figuring out your preferences, you can scale up to more complex vaporizers.
When you’re first starting out, the best cannabis vaporizer for beginners will generally be in the handheld category. Most have basic functionality, typically including three temperature settings, but not so many that you’ll get lost or feel overwhelmed. A basic handheld vaporizer will help you become familiar with vaporizing before you commit to a more complex, and typically much more expensive, model.
Here are three excellent vaporizers to get you started:
- Disposable Vape Pens – For your first CBD vape, you can pick up a disposable pen at any legal dispensary. It’s hard to recommend a specific brand, as availability varies market to market. But every legal cannabis market has plenty of disposable vape pens for consumers to choose from.
These are a great place to start because there is no work required. Take it out of the package and inhale through the mouthpiece. Sensors inside the device detect the flow of air as you start pulling and automatically activate the heating element, delivering smooth and tasty vapor instantly. And when the concentrate inside the pen is gone, simply toss the entire thing and get a new one. The only downside is disposable pens typically don’t have any temperature controls.
- Kandypens 510 Vape Pen – Using a 510-threaded battery and a THC cartridge is another great option for beginners, especially because they let you test out a variety of different strains and concentrate brands.
A battery/cartridge setup is very easy to use, making it a great option if you’re looking for the best vape kit for beginners. You have to screw the cartridge into the threaded end of the battery, and press and hold the button on the battery to heat it up. When you’re ready, inhale through the mouthpiece of the cartridge.
Most battery models let you toggle through at least three temperature settings by rapidly pressing the button four times. This feature lets you start experimenting with different temperatures so you know exactly how you like to vape. This is ideal an ideal style of vaping for beginners as you determine the type of flavors and amount of CBD you need to feel the effects.
- PAX 3 –If you’re new to vaping and you want to vape dry flower, the PAX 3 is a great place to start. While its price tag might be a bit higher than other handheld dry herb vaporizers, the extra cost will pay off in the long run, as this unit is a great transition piece to more complex vaporizers.
The super sleek design of this vaporizer makes it discreet and easy to take with you on the go. And using it is about as simple as it can get:
- Open the oven chamber on the bottom of the device
- Pack it with ground-up cannabis
- Replace the cap
- Press the power button on the top
When the oven has heated up all the way, the PAX 3 vibrates, letting you know it’s time to vape. From there, inhale the vapor through the small opening on the top of the vape.
The PAX 3 has four temperature settings, which you control by pressing and holding the top power button. This lets you experiment with vaping at different temperatures so you can start figuring out your preferences.
Finally, the PAX 3 is a candidate for the best cannabis vaporizer for beginners because it’s simple enough for a rookie to use, but it also has enough features to keep more advanced users happy, most notably an option for swapping out the flower chamber for a concentrates chamber.
The Next Level: Seasoned Vapers
If you’ve got some experience under your belt and you’re ready to try something a bit more advanced, there are a number of other vaporizers you can try. Many of these offer more precise temperature controls and additional consumption methods, including whips – a hose-like component through which you inhale the vapor – and balloons – plastic bags that contain the vapor and out of which you inhale.
For more advanced vaporizers try these:
- Herbalizer – The Herbalizer has quickly risen to the top of the vape world. It is most well-known for its unique design, which features a futuristic-looking, egg-shaped outer shell inside which all components can be neatly stored. When the device is in use, you have full control over the temperature of your vapor. You can use either flower or concentrates in the Herbalizer, and you can inhale through either a whip or a balloon.
- Volcano – The Volcano has long been considered one of the best—if not the best—desktop vaporizers on the market. You can use dry herb or concentrates, and its precise temperature controls have the reputation of delivering incredibly flavorable vapor. Past models of the device used only a balloon delivery system, but the newest Volcano Hybrid model also has a whip setup to give you even more options.